The other Wyatt's became Halloween decorations, so this is the first one I've cut. Seems to be a lot of pumpkin meat in there.I'll mash up the cooked pumpkin tonight and make a pie or something tomorrow. Just saw a recipe for honey-pumpkin butter (like apple butter) I'd like to try also (From Asparagus to Zucchini-a Guide to Farm-Fresh Seasonal Produce, from a community supported agriculture organization). There are still few other little pumpkins in the garage, but no more Wyatt's Wonder.
Stay tuned....
7 comments:
One pumpkin can certainly go a long way.
Excellent I look forward to your pumkin recipies! I always wonder what to do with them!!
Libby
Oooh, honey-pumkin butter? That sounds too good to be true! Let me know how the recipe turns out. I may have to borrow it. :o)
I love pumpkin, in about anything you can make from it.
They are such fun to grow tpp..!
That's funny Paula, me too, I recently cut one of my last year's pumpkins ... for a delicious soup made of pumpkins, potatoes and onions....
Your posts are brilliant as always and I loved the bird photos especially.
I had pumpkin yesterday (roasted with Sunday lunch) and today in a soup.
I have so many still to use up - but there are so many uses and they do taste great don't they.
The little snackjack pumpkins made a pie and a little baked dish on the side for the cook to eat. Just the right size. I think the Wyatt's are quite sweet. I wonder if they get sweeter in storage.
I will also freeze some cooked pumpkin to use later. Sure hope the bread is good.
Post a Comment