DH did a nice job cleaning up the kitchen this afternoon. I took it as an open invitation to make a mess! He helped, too. First, an extra large apple crisp. Then cooked apples were run through the contraption, above, to make applesauce (we didn't peel them before cooking). Yes, we have an apple tree (remember?).
I was surprised how good the applesauce tasted! Then the first of the pumpkins went in the oven. 
I was surprised how good the applesauce tasted! Then the first of the pumpkins went in the oven. 
5 comments:
I just love having a good kitchen session! Something very satisfying to make stuff in the kitchen, particularly if you can get someone else to do all the washing up afterwards!
I want some...NOW!
best
clod
Ooooo yummy scrummy!
Pretty nifty! I have the same wooden paddle and the strainer, but no bowl underneath. Anxiously awaiting the recipe for your honey-pumpkin butter. :~)
Paula
Finally, I made the bread and the butter! Now enjoying the results.
Paula - I have now added the link to the pumpkin butter. It is below the pumpkin photo. You'll probably have lots of them next year! - PG
Post a Comment