Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Winter Apples

We had a little blue sky yesterday, but as the temps stayed low, it didn't produce much melting. The large pileated woodpeckers have been happy to find some apples still in the trees, with or without the extra topping.

Today, we're back to white skies to go with the white snow, and no melting. May have more snow tonight and then warmer temps and rain. Right now, the road connecting our little street to the rest of the world is blocked in the down hill direction by a sideways truck and car and a very iced hill up the other way. Some drivers decided to go around the "closed" sign at the top of the hill only to find the blockage around the curve. Then they cannot make it back up the hill. As I said before, we don't do snow here often!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw yesterday in the TV that it is already cold in the USA and Canada! We wait still!But leat Year we had a lot of snow. Enormous

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo. Beautiful color on the apples.

JLB said...

Sure, I leave Washington for ONE YEAR, and I miss the deluge, and the early snow!

Do be sure to enjoy it for me :)

Anita said...

Oh, what a great shot! Yeah, step by step I am heading towards Christmas....
BTW, your "Petunia's Posts of Reference" are very nice, I especially like the welcome note. May I copy this idea? ;-))

lottie the allotment lady said...

What a wonderful, wonderful contrast with your photo - summer and winter - magical

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks for visiting our little winter wonderland. We've quickly thawed out today. Only a little snow left.

Anita, go for the reference posts if you like. I did that before labels/categories were offered. That was one feature I liked but wasn't in Blogger yet. Now I need to switch to Beta and get them set up.

Sigrun said...

We have no snow in the moment.
Your photo is lovely, a realy Advent-photo!

Sigrun

Michelle said...

I agree with Lottie (I have an aunt by that name!), the contrast is stunning, not to mention red-white-& blue patriotic. :-)

Petunia's Gardener said...

Michelle, I almost named the post Red, White & Blue! We're back to green & brown now.

Anonymous said...

My gosh your winter snow photos are wonderful and cool me down some........all the way over here in summer in Australia.

Your photos are just lovely and I will enjoy visiting your blog again, now I am going back to read some more of your delightful posts.

have a lovely day and keep warm.
Lee-ann