Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bloom Day April

Here are some of my April Bloomers. See the comments in the Bloom Day post at May Garden Dreams for other Bloom Day posters. Above, the Queen of April Bloomers! Even with all the blooms about, after seeing the hummingbird that overnighted in the barn, I haven't seen another. I wonder if this a sign of more cool weather to come.
Above, I haven't looked up this name yet. Do you know what it is? A number of shrubs & perennials came with the house so I haven't sorted out all of the names yet.
Have a sniff of a fragrant Viburnum. There are several of these cheerful shrubs around the house.
This hard to photograph little blue sweetie is blooming in the shade bed next to the Lungwort and Viburnum. They're similar to Forget-me-nots, but I think they are something else. Do you know?
Apple trees are just starting to bloom, along with the pear trees. The fruit cherry trees have been blooming. The ornamental cherry trees are mostly finished now. Grape hyacinths around the pond. Not easy to get this perspective of a grape hyacinth!
And the honeysuckle bush blooms are just starting to open. They aren't as fragrant as the vines which aren't blooming yet.
The white azalea with green freckles is finishing up.And the red/magenta azalea is getting started. Before long, there will be no green to be seen on this one.

Other blooms: The white bleeding hearts, photographed with the rabbit earlier this week, pansies, violets, vinca minor, some yellow with a flower similar to phlox but without the fragrance, variegated dead nettle that is taking over places where I don't want it (it may have another name).

Lots of bud shooting up in the garden and forming on other shrubs.

12 comments:

dot said...

Wow! Thank you for the beautiful flower show! Your photos are gorgous!

Carol said...

Your pictures are beautiful. The little blue flower is False Forget-me-not, Brunnera macrophylla, I'm not sure about the other, but I bet "Annie in Austin" www.annieinaustion.blogspot.com might know!

Thanks for participating in Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day!

Susan said...

I found your site through your comment on the May Dreams Bloom Day post and came by for a visit. Your flowers are lovely, especially the apple tree. I know people grow apples around here but peaches are more our thing in Central Texas (not that I have any fruit trees in my garden). Thanks for sharing your garden on Bloom Day.

Carol said...

I forgot to mention that I love your picture of a dandelion. You made it look like a flower we'd all want in our gardens!

Sheila said...

What a stunning array of spring colour. I loved every picture..

Libbys Blog said...

You do have alot of flowers out in your garden! Beautiful!!

meresy_g said...

I love your photo of the grape hyacinth. Really a flower that should be inspected a little closer as it is truly lovely. Great photos.

RUTH said...

Fantastic photos. Is the blue bell type flower Cammasia.

rusty in miami said...

Spectacular pictures, can I ask you how many megapixels do you have in your camera

Yolanda Elizabet said...

Today I finally put my blooms on my blog (well part of them anyway). How lovely yours look. It's always nice to see so many flowers!!!!

Berlinbound said...

Stunning pics ...


Which camera?

Melanie said...

I think your blue flower is called scillia or scilla, which is like an english wood hyacinth. They are very fragrant and the leaves are long and spiky. Very delicate flowers and one of my favorites.
melaniegway@gmail.com