Petunia is the garter snake that moved into our vegetable garden in its early days. This space shares the ever-evolving garden along with some excursions beyond the fence.
Monday, April 02, 2007
Need Spring Chicks?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
In England I'm afraid so can't help you. Hope you find a good home for them. Do you have Charity shops that sell plants over there?
Great idea Ruth! I live in England too so cant help either but they sure look like happy plants! :o)
I would love some chicks! Yours are so pretty and colorful.
I would love to have some of your chics and I'll be happy to pay for the postage!
I would also love some chicks and would pay for postage and your trouble!
Sally
wow!
Love em!
But..in UK!
Oh, I would LOVE to get them, to but Germany is not the right destination.
BTW, did you see the post on my herb garden, inlcuding a clay pot pyramide with sempervivum? Check this out: http://ein-stueck-garten.blogspot.com/2007/03/welcome-to-my-herb-garden-willkommen-im.html (scroll donw to the last photo).
Would that be an option for your spring chicks?
I like the idea of planting something like those hens and chicks in a wheelbarrow!
Oh, I'm so glad they have some good homes in their future. These are offspring from the starts from my Grandmother years (& years) ago. You wouldn't believe how many I used to sale at garage sales. I never seen them a the local charity shops, but that's a good idea.
If you haven't already, email your address to spetunia(at)msn(dot)com. Once I figure out packaging, I'll get them on their way. No cost but a little tlc for them!
Carol, the former owners left the old wheelbarrow here. All sorts of succulents in it that seem quite happy.
PS, Anita, I DID see your neat pyramid. I'll have to think of where to put one that that.
On the garage sales above, it was when I was young and my mother & aunt would hold a sale. I'd pot up many chicks in little paper cups. I don't remember how much we sold them for. Maybe a dime or a quarter.
I will be on the next plane! We call those ice plants - and they are such prolific little breeders aren't they.
Hi,
I just found your blog and wanted to say hello!
It´s funny how you call these plants in English because in German we gave them a totally different name :-)! We say "Hauswurzen".
I now what you mean, the grow very fast and are very frugal. I have a lot of them too in my garden.
Greetings from Austria, Verena
Post a Comment