Thursday, February 22, 2007

Beets, Beans and Other Treats

Dear Husband, pondering (sadly) the selection of certain vegetables. Sorry, Dad B., there are some beans in there too. Special beans, though. You might like them! Overall, the order is a mix of hybrids, heirlooms and organics. I just could not resist the Bubbles hybrid and powdery mildew resistance! Here is the 2007 list.

Sweet Nikko, below, hoping that "beets" taste like "treats"! She definitely knows what "treats" mean and I even think she knows how we spell it.

6 comments:

Libbys Blog said...

Its exciting when the seeds arrive in the post!! Spring is in the air!!!

Allotment Lady said...

Great post as usual - I love reading peoples lists.

I am going to brave the cold and rain and sow some seeds myself today - or I might bring them into the conservatory to do!

meresy_g said...

Great list! You will have a lot of planting to do. But I'll be you can't wait. I know I can't. Only another month or so.

Molly said...

That's a great list. I know I want a different variety of Brussel sprouts than what I planted last year (Rubino, I think they were, never got sprouts bigger than 3/4" across).I'm trying to discipline myself to get my new raised beds built before I order any more seeds. Hope to get them built this weekend.

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I should try to plant a few peas this weekend since it is after President's Day, but just not sure in which part of the garden yet. I'd prefer the new bed not yet prepared, but that will take some time.

Molly, see any you want to try on my list? We could trade some for black pussy willow, etc.

Gotta Garden said...

Love the kitty, Nikko...mine know the word 'treat', too!

Looks to be quite the veggie garden! You'll be eating good! No biggie tomatoes, though? Maybe I missed them...gotta grow some heirlooms, yes?

Good luck with that spreadsheet! It will be so neat to track everything and to look back upon!