Well, there might be one pie in there! And just memories of the Sept. 2007 pumpkin patch (or dreams for next year).
The vines are filling out and there are a few other pumpkinettes under the leaves. I've let the grass invade a bit. See this link for August 2007 vines.
3 comments:
Yeah, mine are little and green, too. I wonder if we'll get enough warm nights between now and October for them to ripen? You can speed the process a bit when they're at the stage they are in your picture, by taking a nail and scratching your name on the bottom--or anything anywhere, really--the idea is to just break the skin which then scars over and the pumpkin stops growing and ripens.
I can't thank you enough for introducing me to the rouge vif d'etamps pumpkins. I have three this year and every day the colour just gets more glorious. I'll wait a couple of weeks for posting a spectacular photo.
Molly, thanks for the tip. THis one is probably a good size to do that. I would be happy with ripe pumpkins over larger pumpkins. There are many that need to grow just a little more, though. I hope the weather cooperates.
Matron, Even though your August wasn't the most helpful, I think your earlier summer weather gave them a good start. I will enjoy your RVD'E when they are ready to make their grand entrance to the ball!
Post a Comment