Friday, August 17, 2007

Preparing for the Ball

The Rouge Vif d'Etampes pumpkins are progressing. I can just see the mice out here soon having pumpkin carriage races through the pasture. Both my neighbor and Anita gave me seeds for these. I love how they grow and hope they'll reach the nice color seen in Anita's pumpkins here in her Country Cottage Garden in Germany. I keep finding signs that Petunia and friends have moved from the garden to the pumpkin patch. I haven't seen her exactly. I did take matters in my own hands, though, and relocated a small garter snake to the garden from a spot near the garage (we'll call her Petunia II). S/he had a red stripe like Herbert, seen here last summer. She should be quite happy in the herb row.

8 comments:

RUTH said...

What a wonderful Pumpkin patch. I wonder what Cinderella's Fairy Godmother would turn the snakes into? :o)

Allotment Lady said...

Wow what a fantastic crop - mine is way behind you this year.

They will last you for a couple of years!

Great photos, and links.

Kim said...

Lovely pumpkin patch. Keep Cinderella and Peter out of there. Ha, ha.

Anita said...

Wow, that yellow pumpkin looks terrific! I can't believe that it formaly just was one of my seeds! Good luck, and keep on growing little pumpkin!

My this year's pumpkins are still quite littel. I guess it must be the lack of sunshine this summer....

Hugs, Anita

Matron said...

What a perfect pumpkin! Mine are usually mis-shapen and marked. You should put some wheels on it!

mrsnesbitt said...

I had the best pumpkin soup ever last year!
Fantastic!

Connie said...

Those are some awesome pumpkin vine....just lovely!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks for the pumpkin support! They are still getting wider but they aren't any taller. They'll soon look like tires rather than a carriage!