Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Young Salad

Young Flashy Trout's Back lettuce (it's an Austrian heirloom aka Forellenschluss romaine). I loved it last year (though it was difficult to photograph then too.) Colorful and great tasting also. This is some started from seed and transplanted to the garden about 2 weeks ago.

Beets planted 4/7 are sprouting and there are a few volunteer sunflowers sprouting! We're probably not past the last frost yet, but I wonder if I could plant some other sunflowers too.
The broccoli also started from seed and planted out a couple weeks ago seems to be quite happy. I remember the seedlings I bought last year took forever to show some growth.

These next two weeks are going to be more time tight than usual, but I do still hope to make some blog rounds as this provides a nice sanity break. Please be patient if you don't hear from me.

5 comments:

Yolanda Elizabet said...

That trout whatsit lettuce looks great. I've also sown a lot of salad seedlings for my kitchen garden. Today I had my first salad with rocket, oak leaf lettuce, lollo rosso, lettuce and cloves. Very tasty!

Allotment Lady said...

Wow your garden is looking stunning - and I just love the lettuce - looks like you have splashed it with paint.

Gorgeous, colourful photos made my day

RUTH said...

That lettuce looks incredible; I've recently started a label "That's new to me" on my blog...shall mention this is my next post and link the find back to you.

mrsnesbitt said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm could just eat a lettuce sandwich!

LOL
Dxxx

Blackswamp_Girl said...

That lettuce is beautiful... rather like some of the more restrained coleus!