
It is Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, hosted by Carol at
May Dreams Gardens. You can find links to many more blooms from her site. Nicotiana and calendula make a nice accidental combination, above.

Here is one of the very, very tall sunflowers growing in the pumpkin patch.

Cosmos, also in the pumpkin patch. You can see a little of a pumpkin in the background.

This is Tip Top Alaska Nasturtium. Notice the varigated foliage. These are compact plants that can be in a variety of colors. I only ended up with this orange one this year.

Black-eyed Susans / Rudbeckia and Echinacea are still the happiest garden residents.
These are some of my flavorites. I really like this time of year (especially when we still have some of these very nice days around) and these bloomers help keep it quite bright.
5 comments:
Pretty Cosmos!
I love your sunflower picture, they are so pretty against a blue sky.
I love nicotiana. It fills in space well and looks so lovely.
Sunflower is my favorite of all flower. I love that very tall sunflower of yours...
Great garden flowers, it reminds me of my folks' place, where they have all of those except the fall sunflowers. I grow those Alaska nasturtiums too, always hope they'll be more sprawling so maybe will remember your tip and pack them tighter next year! Those leaves are the coolest. I feel like mine came in orange and red and maybe yellow, I'll have to go look now.
Post a Comment