On one warm day, I opened up and then ended up removing the plastic covering. The chard & lettuce plants are now bolting. I'll clear out some of this soon, plant squash and put the plastic covering back on.
Petunia is the garter snake that moved into our vegetable garden in its early days. This space shares the ever-evolving garden along with some excursions beyond the fence.
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Cloche Benefits
On one warm day, I opened up and then ended up removing the plastic covering. The chard & lettuce plants are now bolting. I'll clear out some of this soon, plant squash and put the plastic covering back on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
It would be nice to have cloches that magically levitated at the press of a button.
I'm always putting off lifting them and I'm sure what's underneath is neglected as a consequence.
Bolting chard??? Wow! We used our cloche to get things started. We removed it in early May and things have grown more slowly. We are still harvesting lettuce and chard. The beets, radishes, carrots from our second planting--outside the cloche are just a bit smaller than the stuff that got started under the cloche but doing nicely. I am wondering about the poor tomatoes and peppers. We planted our starts over the long weekend. --Curmudgeon
You are definitely a dedicated gardener. Gorgeous colored flowers!
Enjoyed visiting your site. I don't have any chard but my rhubarb is certainly bolting this year. I can't keep up with it.
Post a Comment