Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bloom Day April

The late March snow on the buds for these flowers in this post left some of the blossoms a little rough around the edges, but they bloomed anyway. I'm really glad that the star magnolia shrub, above, was still up for blooming.The cherry tree photo is after today's rain, hail, lightening & thunder afternoon spree. No blue sky behind the flowers today.
It has been a cold spring and things are behind. At least half of the flowers I posted about last year are not blooming yet. Something to look forward to!

Visit Carol's Bloom Day post here, and the post comments to see all of the other bloom day posters.

It does sound like we have 3 or 4 Pacific Tree Frogs singing out around the little patio pond. In the past, we've only heard one or two voices. It seems to be getting on Maria's (the cat) nerves. She stares out the window at the pond, and does funny little running spurts around the house after they've been singing for a number of hours.

9 comments:

Diana said...

I love the light on your first photo - it's so pretty. And the cherry tree ... all I can say is WOW. That's so stunning. Great bloom day post.

No Rain said...

I agree. The lighting in the first photo makes it outstanding. But, the rest of your photos are also great. I love the cherry trees--we don't have them here so I love to look at photos.
Aiyana

Weed Whackin' Wenches said...

Oh! You got hail today. We missed out on that one. That cherry is awesome. A couple of rainier cherries are blooming in the neighborhood. And the cherry in our backyard is blooming too.
--Curmudgeon

Carol said...

My blooms are behind, too, but the Star Magnolia was magnificent, like yours. Thanks for joining in for Bloom Day

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

rusty in miami said...

Beautiful picture of the cherry tree

gintoino said...

The cherry tree...WOW!

A wildlife gardener said...

I like the sound of your Pacific tree frogs. Fancy a Hokey Cokey? you'll need a wiggly tail... :)

alec said...

the camillias profuse blossoms are so gorgeous....they are a shade of alizanine and carmine..i am so sorry that winters wrath keeps coming back to haunt you....my radishes now are loosing their cotyledon leaves, and the true leaves are reminescent of dusty miller..... hopefully the jocund spring will overtake winter for good. -alec

Melanie said...

Your blog really inspired me. I stumbled across it after doing a google search for "sunflower images." I am in SW WA and just planted my first garden...sunflowers, pumpkins of all sizes, and sweetpeas.