Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Interrupted

March is finishing up with a bang. We hope to see more of these bloomers in April, even with this little pause for snow. From my many postings in the past, you know I enjoy the ornamental cherries. Since the buds are still closed up tightly, unlike prior years at this time, I have hope for blossoms. See March 29, 2006 and March 21, 2007 and March 31, 2007
The Star Magnolia, above, is getting close. It is very cheery when full of blooms so I hope it will still put on a show this year. I see it was blooming already in March 2007. See this link for the photo.
While I did have one of these Camellias open in time for March Bloom Day, there are many not yet open.

Needless to say, I've also moved my tomato seedlings to the kitchen. The other seedlings are still in the garage under the light, but it isn't very warm out there today.

5 comments:

Carol said...

Winter just isn't ready to give up, is it? I hope your blooms are okay.

alec said...

the blooms look gorgeous/ i love the contrast between the carmine pink and pure white. last night, in my hometown in new york, it went down to 25 and the star magnolia were beginning to unfurl just days before. i also hope the beautiful blossoms arent damaged.
alec

Diana said...

Hey - just a note to say I like your blog - I found you from Kansas Cottage Garden where you answered her blogger post dating problem, and mine as well! It's so nice when folks who know all the little tricks are willing to share with people like me who are technically challenged. Your snow -covered blooms make lovely photos.

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks for visiting, Carol, Alec & Diana. The snow has finally melted and there is hope of warmer temps this week. I bet I'll see some flowers next weekend... maybe not the cherries yet, but on the others.

jiorji said...

those are beautiful pictures...even with the snow