Monday, July 02, 2007

Emily's Garden

My name is Emily and this is my garden. It is on the end of one row in the big garden, next to the fennel and parsley. I don't like them, so I'm growing my own garden. What do I grow? Catnip of course!I check on it every day. You must be diligent if you are going to keep the weeds out (aka cosmos, marigolds and sunflowers). The other gardener didn't know I moved the catnip to this nice space. It was just too crowded in the other row and there was not room for a good roll. I've even been thinking about my mulching plans (see here). He-he-he...the other gardener thought I was just looking forward to nice clean paths. I love my catnip...
I really, really love my catnip(mphhh). Here, let's just have a little tasty (mpphh). Maybe just one bite more....oh, the aroma too!
But sometimes a gardener can love her seedlings too much.

Sometimes a little intervention needs to happen.
Sometimes plants need a little less loving to grow big and strong enough for a good roll.

Since I love my catnip, I'll let it grow in its little odd cage. I'll still check on it every day and keep it weeded (from those awful cosmos and sunflowers that keep trying to sprout).
I know how much fun it will be when it grows big enough for a good roll.

Wait! What's this? Another sprouting! Outside the protection zone. I'll just have a little taste. It won't hurt much. Just a little for now.

I love my catnip.

9 comments:

RUTH said...

Emily certainly loves her catnip!

Anonymous said...

I loves me some catnip, too!

Libbys Blog said...

I haven't grown catnip for years. My poor cats are deprived!!lol!!

meresy_g said...

Funny. My cats never got into the plant, though they love the dried. We had a visiting neighbor barn cat though that would grind that plant into oblivion from rolling in it over and over and over again.

Sheila said...

I no longer have cats, but they adored the stuff. Emily, you have good taste..!

Matron said...

What a dilemma! as soon as you plant it - it gets eaten!

Yolanda Elizabet said...

Emily would fit in very nicely with the Bliss team as they all love their catnip too, although it is a kind of tough love, don't you think? ;-)

Robin's Nesting Place said...

This reminds me that I have some dried catnip tucked away. My kitty loves it too. Cute post!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Emily was trying to keep her little secret garden to herself but got a little carried away and revealed it to us. Really, nothing I planted there would grow and the catnip we had was loosing out to the other herbs. Now I've found several starts around. I don't know how it would have "jumped" to these other beds (besides with Emily's help). I'm glad it is though.