Thursday, May 10, 2007

Tiny Surprise

Monday evening was the official season opening of our hillside retreat. We trimmed the path, carried up the chairs and then dear husband, Emily the cat and I had a nice sit. During the preparation, I came across this tiny wildflower. Any idea what it is called?

You can read these short posts about creating the hillside retreat last September: The Idea, The Acquisition and the The Installation with photos. It is a nice spot this time of year, with the green grass growing on the hill and the hawthorn trees in bloom. We still need to get Emily her own chair, though.

8 comments:

RUTH said...

The flower reminds me of forget-me-not; the buds more of Borage of some kind. Off to look at your hillside retreat links now.

talj said...

What a lovely little flower :o) I hope you and DH really enjoy your hillside retreat! :o)

Susan said...

That's one fine looking cat. She looks just like a cat I had years ago, and a fine, fine beast she was. Your hillside looks lovely (and I do think Emily needs her own chair!).

— Susan from South of the River

A wildlife gardener said...

It looks like a member of the forget-me-not family. Loved the photo of the borage from ystrdy's blog too. I sow these seeds every year in my herb garden and float them amongst floating candles in a glass bowl on the picnic table, or pop them in summer punch drinks.

Mark said...

I would agree with the others, definately forget-me-not

Cheers Mark

Becky said...

What a wonderful find! A tiny wildflower. I'm not sure what her name is, could she be a wild "forget-me-not"??

kris said...

Hi - don't know the flower - but very cute. I came over to your blog from Edge Effect (interesting snakes!) - and I like it a lot! Great photos. I'll be coming back to check out more.

Ki said...

Such great beauty in so tiny a flower.