Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Did you hear that?

PG, reading the newspaper: "So what's that noise?"
DH: "What?"
PG: "It must be the furnace. Is that the furnace?"
DH: "No... don't think so."
PG, going to the window: "It's snow!"
Well, snow pellets to be exact. Just surprised to hear it in the house when there wasn't even any wind blowing it against the windows.

Now it has turned to quiet snow but doesn't seem to be slowing down. I & many others hurriedly left Seattle about 4:30pm due to the snow falling there and the fear of being stuck for hours on the way home like many were in the November storm. I encountered about 3 areas with snow my way home tonight and 3 areas with no moisture at all. A few hours later, and now it is here.So the poor winter pansies and cows are back in the snow again (and you can just see that they did have purple flowers on them even after previous winter weather). Here are the cows & other pictures from Nov. (after a night of snow, not just barely an hour). There were other sound effects with that November snow too (per the Nov 30th post). It must be a NW thing.

11 comments:

Allotment Lady said...

What a magical scene - I just love snow - brings out the child in me!

Libbys Blog said...

How brilliant, snow, we never seem to get it anymore!! Last time I went sledging was in Feb 1991!!

Ki said...

Cool photo of snow at night. How did you manage to capture such a great shot?

Helpmate said...

Great shot! Love reading your dialogue as you have such an entertaining way with words.

Molly said...

Lucky you. You must have gotten past that spot on I90 just before it closed from all the spinouts. Because I got onto I90 at 4:30 and didn't reach the Issaquah exit (whopping 13 miles!) until 8:30. No snow at our house at all!

she who digs said...

Oh snow- lovely!! I wish I were there- we've just got high winds and rain, rain ,rain!! I've joined a virtual game of 'tag' and you are now 'it'. Have a look on my blog to find out what to do, and I hope you'll play along. Happy New Year, Sarah

Blue the Spa Girl said...

Fantastic!
I thought the first one was the night sky...

Blue the Spa Girl said...

Fantastic!
I thought the first one was the night sky...

Sheila said...

I like the individual snow flakes that show in this picture.
we still haven't had any snow to speak of....and thats a good thing..!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks, everyone! I stuck the camera out the door and flashed! Helpmate (above) caught the flakes in her photo - mine shows snow pellets. This has been a lot of fun snow and sticking around because it is cold. But the drive to work tomorrow may not be so fun.

Sarah, sorry I've been tagged already! I just hadn't yet posted. Do I get to do 1 for 2 tags or do you want to pick another? Thanks for thinking of me though.

mrsnesbitt said...

Snow, wonder if we will have any this year?

D