Monday, April 03, 2006

Basil is growing, cold frame needed

The seedlings are growing. The cosmos, bachelors buttons, marigolds & lavender are getting taller, but still only seedling leaves. I love these little basils! The first row comes from seeds 14 years old. The third row is just starting to show bits of green that are Red Holy Basil. The second row was old Spicy Globe Basil seeds but nothing is showing yet. No sprouts from the mystery seeds yet.

Now I need to get serious about making a cold frame / mini greenhouse out of this window collection. There are 6 the same size. The 2 small ones are missing some glass. I'll be checking out blogs for pictures, but feel free to send me any creative ideas!

4 comments:

Jim and Barbara said...

Hello from chilly Kent. Really enjoyed reading your blog and congratulate you on your photographs and interesting text.

Allotment No 21 said...

Basil! I knew I'd forgotten to sow something...

Petunia's Gardener said...

You're doing videos, but now if we could exchange plants through the blog, we'd be set. I'd share some basil seedlings. It will be interesting to see how these grow. I'm so impressed they sprouted after 14 years so they must be some good strong stock.

Allotment Lady said...

My goodness you reeds are doing well - and you can make such a wonderful selection of cold frames from those gorgeous window frames. Lucky you. Have fun