Petunia is the garter snake that moved into our vegetable garden in its early days. This space shares the ever-evolving garden along with some excursions beyond the fence.
These bleeding hearts are in our yard and will be blooming for a while. The wild version is pink in color and they're also in bloom now along the trails through wooded areas.
I've been reading your last few posts and you seem to be ahead of us by quite a bit. My bleeding heart bushes are growing fast but won't flower for some time yet. Lucky you to have them growing wild out there! I absolutely love the delicate flowers. I have several pink and one white bush. Your cold frame is clever. You did a good job with it :)
Well, actually, these are white. It was getting late and the photo just seems to give them a little color. Maybe I should try again. The wild ones are a darker pink/rose color. Thanks for visiting!
5 comments:
They're lovely - I have never seen them in pink, only white and red & white.
Oh, the bleeding hart has a lovely colour, have never seen it!
Sigrun
I've been reading your last few posts and you seem to be ahead of us by quite a bit. My bleeding heart bushes are growing fast but won't flower for some time yet.
Lucky you to have them growing wild out there! I absolutely love the delicate flowers. I have several pink and one white bush.
Your cold frame is clever. You did a good job with it :)
Your flowers are difinitely ahead of ours.
Lovely photos as usual - and nice to see a different variety. Ours are more heart coloured - red and white usually.
BTW - have revived my Allotment Lady blog - decided to stand my ground - and just never to mention the other site again LOL
Can you spread the word that I am bad and firing on all cylinders again.
Well, actually, these are white. It was getting late and the photo just seems to give them a little color. Maybe I should try again. The wild ones are a darker pink/rose color. Thanks for visiting!
Post a Comment