Petunia has been doing an inspection of the garden. Recently, I realized I heard leaves moving that didn't coincide with what I was doing. I'd move, and then I'd hear rustling. I'd move again, and hear more rustling. So I started looking around and spotted Petunia in the herb bed. Had to follow her around the lemon balm and then just quickly point the camera & click. Didn't capture her tail to see if she is really a she, but you know, I don't think either of us wants to get closer to find out.
Petunia is the garter snake that moved into our vegetable garden in its early days. This space shares the ever-evolving garden along with some excursions beyond the fence.
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Inspector Petunia
Petunia has been doing an inspection of the garden. Recently, I realized I heard leaves moving that didn't coincide with what I was doing. I'd move, and then I'd hear rustling. I'd move again, and hear more rustling. So I started looking around and spotted Petunia in the herb bed. Had to follow her around the lemon balm and then just quickly point the camera & click. Didn't capture her tail to see if she is really a she, but you know, I don't think either of us wants to get closer to find out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I sure hope that she has not got a poisonous tongue - and to think I complain about rabbits.
Maybe she doesn't do much damage - and probably earns her keep eating pests
Oh, I love small snakes. We don't have any here in Ireland. I used to live in Maryland when I was a teen, and was always bringing home green or brown snakes. I was allowed to keep them for one day before returning it to the spot I found it. I liked the green ones, such a lovely color!
They are so cute - I love seeing little garter snakes when I'm out walking. I wish I had some in the garden. My dog would like them too ... he always sniffs them and stares at them in wonder.
Post a Comment