Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Look at Me, Mom!

Here's the young pacific tree frog after his successful climb out of the pond an up to this leaf! I think he looks a little tired and/or nervous. There is no stopping him now, though. Here is his tadpole picture a month ago (or one of his many siblings).


I just happened to see him heading up this stalk. Others were on lily pads, the side of the pond, and on the floating ornamental frog. I think some are still at the swimming stages. It will be a very noisy spring next year when they return in hopes of meeting that someone special!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, too cute! Great shots. How are you? I have been pretty absent from blogland this summer, I miss seeing what everyone's up to. Are you coming to the picnic on Sunday? Hope to see you there if you can make it!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Karen - Looking forward to seeing you and the others Sunday. What a summer, isn't it! I finally had to give up being outside every possible moment. But enjoying it very much.
Paula

Thomas said...

Hi Paula, I love seedlings too! You mentioned that you had to do some seeding yourself. Out of curiously, what hardiness zone are you in? I'm a bit concerned that some of my fall crops won't mature in time.

Jean Bradbury said...

This little frog is beautiful and what great pictures. He/she is so perfectly camouflaged. Wonderful.

Antoine.M said...

good pictures!