Friday, July 10, 2009

Expanding Peas

The peas had outgrown the gate "trellis." We expanded it by attaching the tops of three bamboo poles our neighbor gave us. The peas were very pleased and grabbed on to the bamboo before we could complete the installation.

The pea trellis expansion is still a little lower than the A-frame bean structure. As of tonight, the lead bean has entered the top quarter of the structure. Other beans are working to catch up. The leaves are filling out, also.

Still, at this point, it is difficult to envision the structure fully covered with the beans waving up on the top. Good thing I have former blog posts to remind me!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Wow...very impressive garden...you gave me lots of ideas as i am constantly changing up my own garden scheme. I enjoy sharing gardening ideas...

Check out my husbands and my blog if you get a chance. Happy gardening!

http://bentsbeergarden.blogspot.com

Petunia's Gardener said...

Sunny - thanks for visiting the garden. I tend to want flexibility in my garden, too. Whether I'm changing something around or whether it is letting something happily grow where it sprouts even though I didn't plan to have it there. It all works out. I'm looking forward to visiting your garden too!

Karen said...

Looking good! Yes, it's hard to fathom how they can grow so tall in a season, but this sunny summer is really making things go nuts. Can't wait to see the trellis all filled up with your beans!