Sunday, April 20, 2008

Indoor Garden Pests

As noted earlier, the Pacific Tree Frog nightly singing contest seems to be having some affect on Maria's behavior. She found my little Ilidi tomato seedlings sitting in the kitchen after they sprouted and were removed from the "oven."
This one had the leaves nipped off and the other in the same pot was pulled out. Fortunately, another pot was not touched. So I added seeds and stuck this pot back in the "oven," while the survivor went out to the Maria-less garage under the light.

5 comments:

Matron said...

What an enterprising cat with such a sophisticated taste in seedlings!

Becky said...

That's one cute garden pest!

Libbys Blog said...

Oh Dear!!!!!!! lol!!

alec said...

your cat is adorable. tis a pity she has eradicated the seedlings. good luck with the new ones!

Nola said...

Bad kitty! I find I have the best luck if I give my tomato seeds plenty of light and bottom heat, in the form of a heating pad under the seed tray, set to the lowest setting. Since I started with the bottom heat I've been getting pretty much 100% germination even with old seeds.