Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bloom Day March

On this cold and rainy March day, I found some blooms, indeed! Camellia, above. A native shrub, Indian Plum, above.
A plum tree, either a wild one or an old ornamental. Forsythia.
A young ornamental cherry tree. This one blooms earlier than our large trees. Heather, all along the driveway. It does add a nice touch of color this time of year.
And a violet, in the house.

Visit Carol's post here and here also to see her blooms and the list of other bloggers with Bloom Day posts. See the rest of her wonderful blog here at May Dreams Gardens.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Your trees and shrubs are beauiful this time of year. I hope mine are like that in a month. Thanks for joining us for bloom day!

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Meems said...

My goodness I wouldn't have imagined so much color this time of year in WA. Shows what I know- which is why I love visiting blogs around the world learning more about the area and the blooms in all seasons.
That plum tree is stunning.All your blooms are quite nice.
Happy gardening.
Meems@ HoeandShovel

Weed Whackin' Wenches said...

I was wondering if we could count dandelions in our GBBD posts! Hey the things blooming in your garden are the same things blooming in ours! Touring these blogs from all over the world is fun, but it's wonderful to see another blog from WA.