Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Pre-Spring Pause...

Here at Petunia's Garden, we'll welcome Spring soon, but not just yet. A little cool and gray today. The cherry trees out the kitchen window have a few early blossoms open but most are still wrapped up. Even the robin I can see sitting on the gate to the garden looks like (s)he's not ready for the party yet either.

This gardener is home early after a long dentist appointment, but not really up to accomplishing much. A good day to read my first Thompson & Morgan catalog that just arrived! Not to worry, we'll give Spring a worthy welcome soon.

More blossoms here, but there is something special about these.


They are on limbs cut from the trees a month ago! I clipped some branches and brought them inside to see if they'll open.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

You have just reminded me I have a dentist appt. tomorrow..!
The blossom will come out I think, I have done that with forsthia, and other blossom, with success.

RUTH said...

I do hope the blossom comes out indoors for you. A lovely reminder that Spring is here.

Anita said...

The pink blossoms on the first picture are great, Paula!

Guess what; the winter returned to Germany, it snowed overnight and rained all day long! Oh, my poor pansies, they'd better learn swimming now! ;-(((

A wildlife gardener said...

Fabulous blossom!

Allotment Lady said...

Cherry blossom indoors - stunning.