Thursday, August 03, 2006

Which Way to the Garden? Part II

Remember the Which Way to the Garden post? Here is what we did with the signs. Just took me a while to post the pictures.The idea was that friends/family would create signs pointing to their gardens far or near. The signpost would go in the center of our garden. However, several signs were made for places around our property AND we already had this pole in the pasture near the barn. The top sign is to Kansas and Alabama gardens (we had to combine some favorite gardens). I see we still have some advertising space available on the board behind the feeder.
We went to our favorite second hand shop in search of some sort of pole topper. This wasn't quite what I hand in mind, but as Dear Husband was working the power screwdriver, this won out over my other choice.

A few signs became art in the barn or went on the garden gates too. Thanks to all those who helped warm the barn and point us in the right direction!

7 comments:

Blackswamp_Girl said...

That's so cute... we have a similar signpost at our little cottage at the river. "The grandkids" are rather far-flung, so my aunt put up signs pointing to each of our general areas and also used the internet to figure out about how many miles away each of us are.

Your signs are way more colorful, though... I'm going to direct her to check yours out. I bet she feels the need to redo hers with some more artwork after seeing how cute yours are. :)

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks! We intended to do miles but they didn't develop that way. Some of both would be fun.

Gotta Garden said...

You are so clever! This is a fun and cute idea at the same time!

Carol said...

What a neat idea!

The Unusually Unsual Farmchick said...

I see another project in my future! Ialways admired the one from M*A*S*H! I thought that was just so cool and seeing yours has convinced me i can have my own twist to it. Thanks for sharing withs us!
~Tammie

Salix Tree said...

That's so cool! I think I would like one as well! What a neat idea!

Angie said...

I love that sign post-I have been thinking of doing that but haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the wonderful pictures!