Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Costa Rica #1 - Blossoms

While I am waiting for seeds to sprout and snow to melt, I thought I'd share a few sights from Costa Rica. Only thing is... the seeds are sprouting already and the snow is melting. I'll post Costa Rica anyway! Our first morning out of San Jose and we were ready to do some volcano spotting in the Arenal area. Whoops! Rain and clouds. So we headed off to a good breakfast spot. What else did we find there? Brugmansia (I think)!

Immediately, I thought of Libby. So, Libby - are these the flowers that you grow? I think you would love all of the tropical Costa Rica plants!
That's the brugmansia bush, below, there by the banana plants. We saw a lot of very happy flowers in Costa Rica that struggle even in the best of our summers back home.

Costa Rica proved to be an excellent excursion beyond the garden fence.

2 comments:

gardenerprogress/Catherine said...

How pretty. I love that color. Wouldn't it be nice to have one of those growing in your yard!

Matron said...

Ahh.. but as you know Matron doesn't do flowers. Did you see any coffee plants growing in Costa Rica?