Saturday, February 07, 2009

Thank You, SAGBUTTees!


Today was the first meeting of the Seattle Area Garden Bloggers (who) United To Talk... and talk we did! And ate and laughed and shared. Fresh from the garden thyme scones, even!

A big THANK YOU and virtual bouquet to Karen for instigating and organizing this gathering and Melanthia, Garden Muse, for setting up the Groups / Facebook pages ... And everyone for stepping out beyond the blog for a little face-to-face. Such a group of creative and talented individuals we have here!

Pop over to Greenwalks for Karen's photos and great review. Yes, the easy way for me, but she covered it so well!

February 7th and just look at all this color at the garden where we met:


There is talk of a meet up during the upcoming garden show and I'm investigating options for March. Oh, the places we'll go and the gardens we'll see!

11 comments:

Aerie-el said...

Sounds like a wonderful meeting today. Great pictures on 'Greenwalks' as well as the ones you have posted, beautiful. I've got March 22 on my calendar for the next gathering and can hardly wait for the date!

Karen said...

Paula - So great to meet you and thanks for all the sweet words (and bouquet) here! All I did was plant the little seed, and now we all will work together to make it grow. OK, that was kinda hokey, but I mean it. :) I'm super excited to figure out a use for those nifty coffee bags, that was so nice of you to bring them. Can't wait to hear what you cook up for March!

Gardeness said...

Thanks Paula. It was wonderful meeting everyone. You're as delightful in person as in blog! Look forward to seeing you again soon. Lovely pics of the garden!

gardenerprogress/Catherine said...

I'm so glad you all had fun. I have the 22nd on my calender too. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Matron said...

Would it be OK if I tagged along on the 22nd too? ... and save me a coffee bag please!

Weed Whackin' Wenches said...

Woohoo! I gleefully proclaim myself a SAGBUTTee! Can't wait for the 22nd. I'm also tickled purple--I hate pink--that Wing Nut came home with some of those coffee bags. I've had coffee bag envy every since I first found your blog. Sure hope Matron can make it on the 22nd!
--Curmudgeon

Petunia's Gardener said...

How fun is this - gardeners face-to-face becomes extreme garden blogging! Let me tell you, I had a little fun today, too, checking out potential places (via the internet anyway). Glad you will enjoy the coffee bags. Now I have a reason to go get another car full! See ya soon!

blossom said...

You guy had fun! I'm happy for all of you. I'd love to join if not for this distance. (Sigh!) I'm too far away ...

Lottie said...

Sounds like you had a brilliant time - oh how I would have loved to have been there.

Just got back today - to find your lovely comment thank you.

I adore your blog - don't leave as many comments as I would hope too - not enough of me to go around lately.

Envy the fact that you can at last do some digging - my plot is under snow and frost still
xx

Daniel Mount said...

Petunia' gardener, you caught the light on those heathers and dog wood just right. You captured the bright spirit of the day. D.

Libby said...

It certainly looks a beautiful garden. How lovely to all meet up too!