Friday, September 14, 2007

Meet Petunia

Some people may wonder about the real Petunia in Petunia's Garden. She's a garter snake that moved in the first year we created a couple garden beds. I've received a few e-mails about growing petunias, probably when this blog popped up in someone's search. Maybe Petunia should reply and include her photo in the message. That might be a surprise.

Apparently, the snakes finally got tired of waiting for summer too and decided to get about their business anyway. We've been seeing them more lately than we have all summer.

4 comments:

RUTH said...

We've been seeing the SUN more lately than we have all Summer :o) Good to see a photo of Petunia.

Connie said...

I see a few snakes in my garden and they ALWAYS startle me when I see them, so I'd rather they take up residence somewhere else. :-)

LostRoses said...

Surely Petunia has friends? I think there are probably a dozen or more garter snakes in my garden. They don't scare me, only startle me at times when I see them in unexpected places, like the doorstep when I've just set foot onto the porch!

Bob said...

I have one of petunias friends in my garden. We can him 'stripey'. Creative name don't you think. BOB