Wednesday, May 16, 2007

May 15th Garden

Here are the stone "endcaps" in place in the garden. I hope they'll be a nice way to separate bed and grass, and easy enough to trim around. These stones had been elsewhere around the house. You can see some progress on the expanded herb/flower area (new bed #2 here, also with the chair in it). Check out this link to compare May and April photos and see earlier monthly photos. The other 2 new beds this year are at the far end and have the bean structure in them. They still need some preparation. The little A-frames are giving a little protection to the tomatoes.
I can also see that the "endcaps" are also going to be a nice collector of rocks. Later, I'll move them to the growing rock pile outside of the garden.

13 comments:

RUTH said...

Those endcaps add a touch of "class" to your beds. A lovely idea. What a difference in the photos in only a month!

Libbys Blog said...

It always amazes me how quickly your garden goes from the cold of winter to lots of flowers well on their way to summer!! Its seems to take so much longer here!!

meresy_g said...

A lovely garden. I particularly like the complete lack of weeds. So unlike my garden.

A wildlife gardener said...

Love the endcaps...very Victorian looking, swish.

Mark said...

Has pertunia made an appearance yet ??

Molly said...

I like those end-caps!

Anita said...

Did I already tell you how much I LOVE the A-frames in your borders? They look w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l!
Unfortunately, it's often quite windy over there to they might not be a good idea for our garden, what a pity.

So far, I did not yet taste my chives blossoms. How are they?

Carol said...

I like the end caps. They look nice.

lilymarlene said...

Very nice arrangement. Classy!

Allotment Lady said...

I do so love the endcaps - they look brilliant

Ziggywigs said...

You look very productive with your cold frames and cloches. Enjoyed catching up on your progress. Thanks for leaving a link on my blog.

Petunia's Gardener said...

Emily (the cat) and I both find we like to walk on the endcaps too. Keeps our feetsies out of the wet grass I guess. Now if the mole would quit digging out the dirt and making the stones go crooked.

Mark, no sign of petunia in the garden yet. I will be letting the grass grow tall along the fence to encourage her. There have been sightings of her friends in the neighbor's yard.

Anita, the chive flowers have a chive/oniony flavor. I break about the flower head into the little flowets. They mix nicely in with the rest of the salad.

LostRoses said...

What a great idea to use the endcaps on your beds, it looks charming! Who would've thought?