Saturday, June 03, 2006

Petunia's Back!

Time to get serious about getting the garden in order. Petunia has returned! I found her sunning herself this morning and, of course, welcomed her with a scream. I don't mind them around, but when I wasn't expecting to see her, I just cannot stop myself.
She's rather camera shy, so here is a picture I found on this web site http://www.californiaherps.com. She's probably about 2 feet long (though I almost never see all of her at one time).

Now back out to work on the new bed before it starts raining. Garden updates will be next.

3 comments:

steven said...

I love garter snakes, but I fear your frogs are on the menu if they're small enough.

Blackberry Gardener said...

I'm the same way....I don't mind snakes at all but my first instinct is always to shriek at the top of my lungs. (Same thing with unexpected spiders). ha ha

Mutha said...

nothing like a good scream to get the blood going -- right? My kids had grown up in the city and when they came yelling to me that there were snakes (PLURAL!)in our new house's yard by the woods I thought it must be worms. No! It was a momma and several baby garters trailing after her in the sun. We called both grandmas on with the news immediately.