Wednesday, March 29, 2006

What's blooming

We are fortunate that our house came with three large ornamental cherry trees. After a rainy start yesterday, the sun came out and the flowers really started opening. For weeks, they'll are a joy to see from the kitchen & dining room or from the outside. At least it will look like spring every day while they're blooming.

Basil seedlings have joined the marigolds & cosmos in the starter tray. What will I do with all these sun lovers when they need to be removed from the tray (assuming they live that long)? Suppose I should have thought about their timelines a little better, but one never knows...

3 comments:

clodhopper said...

I hereby unilaterally bestow the pic of the week award to Petunias Gardener for that one. Cheered me up no end on this windy, grismal, wet, horrible unblossomed day.

Petunia's Gardener said...

Thanks, Clodhopper! How sweet. That's what I like about them. No matter they weather, they're quite cheery. Thanks again.

Blackberry Gardener said...

I completely agree with clodhopper - that is a gorgeous picture!