Monday, March 27, 2006

Treasure

The picture in this post might be too much, but here goes. A sunny day can lead to crazy behavior. I decided I needed to rake up some of that sheep doo for the compost. Here are the ever helpful sheep, too. As they are in a large grassy area, it doesn't really accumulate so it didn't take long to get what I could. I was surpised to find something white mixed in! Maybe sheep can produce pearls too? It was a funny discovery at the moment, sun silliness, I guess. I doubt one found it (a marble) ate it and passed it on, but I have no idea where it came from. They do try to eat anything. Have I gone too far posting this picture?

4 comments:

Blackberry Gardener said...

Your post and accompanying pictures really gave me the giggles this morning! I want some pearl-making sheep! ;)

Petunia's Gardener said...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one struck silly by the findings. Sometimes it doesn't take much!

Allotment Lady said...

I like unusual photos and try to take them myself - but have never found sheep droppings like yours.

farmgirl said...

As someone who once posted a photo bearing the caption: Oh The Joys Of Sheep Manure! I don't think you went to far at all. : )

(And more than one person told me that was the best thing they'd read so far on my food/farm blog. : )

I linked here from the nice comment you left on my gardening blog. Your sunflowers are stunning. I do envy your climate! Missouri is not anywhere near the top of the Best Place To Garden List, LOL.