Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cascara Berries & Birds

The cedar waxwings have been in town.  That's because the cascara berries are ripening.   They make such cheery companions out in the garden, with their soft and frequent whistles.   Here is a link to a photo and information.  You can hear their song there too.

The chickadees, hummingbirds and bees like these trees too.   Here is my post from 2009, including photos of the tiny flowers and the waxwing waiting room in the top of another tree.   

Petunia put in an appearance this week too.   She is looking very dark and sleek.  At first, I thought she was just a shadow and jumped back a little when I realized it was a snake.  I don't know why she always startles me so, even when I want to see her.

1 comment:

Matron said...

I don't think cascara grows here, but I'm pretty sure it is used in a medicine to cure constipation!