Thursday, June 28, 2012

June Garden Progress

The Rattlesnake Snap Pole Beans have sprouted from the 6/16 planting.   They are planted on one side of the bean structure.  Big expectations for little beans - I really hope to see it looking like this post link later this year.

These are the Scarlet Runner Beans plant on the other side of the structure on 5/26.  They are ready to start climbing any day now, and then the fun begins.    

As of today, I have planted out all other seedlings into the garden:
  • Queensland blue pumpkin, from Matron  (and follow her updates on a GIANT pumpkin she is growing this year)
  • Delicata squash
  • Pattypan scallop summer squash
  • Sugar pumpkins
The pumpkins and squash are in the main garden beds vs the pumpkin patch.   If the vines go everywhere, I'll be okay with that. 

I planted sunflowers but only one sprouted.  I may try more.  However, I decided beets and carrots will come from the farmers market or Carpinitos this year.

No comments: