Friday, May 04, 2012

Tiny Tomatoes

The tomato seeds I planted on Saturday spouted, one on Wednesday and two more yesterday.  These are Golden Jubilee, from Matron.  I'm hoping for a really long summer so it won't matter that these are just getting started. 
I'm hoping for sprouts from the Queensland Blue pumpkin seeds.  Since I cannot find my seed starting book, I checked some internet sources and confirmed that squash & pumpkins don't want light to spout.  I've left them in the warm spot under the sink. 
Now to keep this indoor garden pest from from finding them.  Actually, I'm keeping them under a clear cover to keep them warm, yet near the kitchen window.

2 comments:

Matron said...

It is so great to get the season underway finally! Looks like the seeds need some of your lovely Pacific daylight now. I think the Queensland Blue will do well for you, they just about survive and grow here in the UK but you have much better light levels there being at a more Southerly lattitude.

Lottie said...

Ihaven't even started my tomato seeds. I'll start a few when the weather warms up then buy plants if I don't have enough. People often have a surplus and they are cheap to buy then

It's great to see you back blogging - I missed you so much