Saturday, August 06, 2011

Critter Garden

I had a brave moment and visited my neglected garden.  Happily, I found it was a buzz of activity.  The bees are enjoying the borage (above) and anise hyssop (below).  I assume Petunia (the snake) and cousins are appreciating that I'm not disturbing them too much (see Petunia's Condo link here).  I haven't seen any snakes around the place this year, though. 


I'm really looking forward to our SAGBUTT reunited garden visit in a few weeks! 
Bees and SAGBUTT are an August theme, apparently - see this link
More posts from SAGBUTT events here.

4 comments:

Molly said...

I'm looking forward to getting together too! And you've reminded me that I must make room for borage next year.

Petunia's Gardener said...

Well, once you have it, it makes room for itself! I don't mind it reseeding as it is easy enough to pull up and doesn't spread by roots. If I can find some small ones I can bring them to the event.

Matron said...

Even Matron can make space for a few flowers! but only because they encourage bees into her vegetable patch!

Aerie-el said...

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Beautiful bees on your borage and hyssop. I have neither of those growing in my garden, so you know I'll be asking you about them when we meet (today!).