Saturday, July 23, 2011

Grandma's Roses

I unboxed and washed my Grandma's tea set.   Washing the last piece, the teapot, I realized I was washing them in her old dish pan, too.  This immediately took me back to many hot Kansas summer days standing at her kitchen sink using the same dish pan.  And sitting out under the big shade tree for the afternoon.  She's been gone for 23 years.    

Here is the rest of the tea set.  It has moved on to the hands of a family I hope will have many tea parties to remember.

3 comments:

Matron said...

How wonderful! and how civilized. Tea in the afternoon... with scones and cucumber sandwiches!

Misty said...

The girls are looking forward to using these soon with me. Summer has been crazy with activities and on the go every day. Finally slowed down, so we will have a tea party very soon. Thank you so much P, these are lovely and will be lovingly cared for. Thank you for your thoughtfullness in giving these to our family. MM

Molly said...

They are lovely! How wonderful that they will be put to use as they were intended.