Monday, July 05, 2010

In the Garden

The new residents have been in the garden with me. It didn't take old Missouri long to find the catnip in the garden. He is around 17 years and doesn't seem to see well. Try to keep him in sight, though, and he is gone in a flash! He seems to remember how to find the garage door, at least.

The beans are starting to reach the bean climber. Really, this is the last year for the now wobbly bean climber!

Cindy (Cinders or Cinderella) is all about meat though! I think she is checking out a critter trail. I hope she doesn't go after the Petunias (snakes).

I'm trying to fit a little garden clean up in each night. While I've been occupied, it became quite the jungle. But that also makes for happy garden critters.

3 comments:

~Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

I'm sure the cats are enjoying exploring the garden.
Once the beans get on the trellis, they'll hold it up right?
Happy gardening.

Matron said...

What a face that old Missouri has! hope he is settling down in his new home. A messy garden is wonderful for the critters though, it is a good idea to have a messy patch somewhere!

Jean Bradbury said...

I have been absent from the blog world recently Paula but am happy to see all the things going on in your life. The cats look so happy and your garden looks amazing. I have done very poorly with vegetables this year. Next year more edibles!