Thursday, July 01, 2010

Garden Dolly

One of the things I brought back from Kansas is this lightweight, but sturdy, dolly/hand truck. Pretty sure my dad had made it about 40 years ago (but not for a garden). As you can see, it is just the thing for moving the window cloches I like. They are heavy and awkward to carry but now I'm set!

It was time to move the cloches from the tomatoes and thin out the borage. All four tomatoes had grown up through the top of their cloches while I was gone.

This row was intended to hold some vegetables this year, but the herbs and flowers have filled it up. Much better than a row of weeds and grass at least. The catnip is huge already this year. I'm surprised since it has been so cool and rainy.

2 comments:

Matron said...

That's a useful little trolley. I bought one about 20 years ago when I was moving house, and I use it all the time for moving heavy stuff around.

~Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

What a great trolley.
The bed looks great. Sometimes, mother nature just takes care of things.