Sunday, March 21, 2010

Hedglings

I was near North Bend this weekend and spotted this Salmonberry in bloom. Until I looked up the flower, I thought it was one of shrubs from our tree & shrub seedling order (from King Co. Conservation District sale). It's not, but I'll have other flowers from the seedlings I planted.
Yeah! They are all planted now. They've gone into a hedgerow in the making and other spots around the place. So what did we plant?
Shore pine
Cascara - to ensure our supply for the cedar waxwings!
Mock Orange
Red Flowering Current
Serviceberry
Snowberry
Thimbleberry
Evergreen Huckleberry

In another area with more moisture:
Red Osier Dogwood
Pacific Ninebark - 2 from our neighbor

Other shrubs we'll move out of a temporary area:
Oceanspray
Indian Plum

5 comments:

~Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

To have the space for such a variety of shrubs...I will enjoy seeing how they do for you.

I've been browsing your blog to see what you have in your garden. You include a lot of photos. I love them.

Happy gardening!

Kris said...

nice photos. http://gardeningfactsandtips.blogspot.com/

Matron said...

I've not heard of half of those berries! You must post pics when they come out! That salmonberry flower is amazing - looks like clematis.

~Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Hello! Just wanted to drop you a note...I'm still figuring out all the blogger options and signed up to follow your blog in my dashboard. When I put in your site, I got this message...
"You have followed this URL, but we couldn't find a feed for it. Please check that the URL is correct: http://petunias-garden.blogspot.com/"
Everything is correct because when I click on the URL, I go right to your page but it won't show me your latest posts. I see my little photo in your followers list. Just thought I'd see if you had a setting turned off or if I missed something. No big deal, just trying to figure out all the technical stuff to enjoy all the gardening! Have a great day.
~GonSS

Karen said...

We missed you yesterday! It was a small gathering and a bit rainy for an outdoor meeting, but was fun anyway. Hope to see you next time! Lovely list of your hedgies, can't wait to see them all flourishing. Salmonberry has a surprisingly bright flower, considering its berry is more pale. I hadn't noticed that before! Cool.