Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bloom Day September

It is Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, hosted by Carol at May Dreams Gardens. You can find links to many more blooms from her site. Nicotiana and calendula make a nice accidental combination, above.

Here is one of the very, very tall sunflowers growing in the pumpkin patch.

Cosmos, also in the pumpkin patch. You can see a little of a pumpkin in the background.

This is Tip Top Alaska Nasturtium. Notice the varigated foliage. These are compact plants that can be in a variety of colors. I only ended up with this orange one this year.


Black-eyed Susans / Rudbeckia and Echinacea are still the happiest garden residents.

These are some of my flavorites. I really like this time of year (especially when we still have some of these very nice days around) and these bloomers help keep it quite bright.

5 comments:

KayGee said...

Pretty Cosmos!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I love your sunflower picture, they are so pretty against a blue sky.

Sylvana said...

I love nicotiana. It fills in space well and looks so lovely.

Affordable homes said...

Sunflower is my favorite of all flower. I love that very tall sunflower of yours...

Karen said...

Great garden flowers, it reminds me of my folks' place, where they have all of those except the fall sunflowers. I grow those Alaska nasturtiums too, always hope they'll be more sprawling so maybe will remember your tip and pack them tighter next year! Those leaves are the coolest. I feel like mine came in orange and red and maybe yellow, I'll have to go look now.