Friday, July 24, 2009

Curry Plant - Scratch & Sniff


Do you have a scratch & sniff gadget on your computer? If so, you'll want to use it for this plant. Wonderful curry aroma! I couldn't resist it when I found it on the mid summer sale herb rack.

Apparently, it isn't for eating, though. Websites say it doesn't taste like curry, and I haven't tried it. I just simply pet it and inhale every time I'm near it. A nice, soft texture to the plant's gray foliage, as well.

Formally, it is known as Helichrysum italicum. I don't know that it will overwinter here. I'll try to get a start from it that I can keep in the greenhouse or garage for the winter.

This isn't the first time I bought some odd plant just because I liked its aroma or foliage!

3 comments:

Aiden Thomas said...

Its a nice blog posted by you. I was seeking for this type of blog that have a fresh and interesting content. I also have a really nice site PoolExpress.com.au which is very helpful to people who are seeking for Swimming pool Products. Please have a look on it.

PoolExpress.com.au

Chris said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. I too have picked up a curry plant at a local charity sale this year, simply because I love the aroma! I had idea it would flower, mine is quite small still. Its an interesting plant and need to find out more about it. No slug or snail attacks yet :-)

Petunia's Gardener said...

Chris - If the slugs don't like it, I really like it!