Thursday, January 29, 2009

Seed Housing Expanded!

DH and I were recently off our usual path. Couldn't resist a quick browse in a new (to us) thrift/charity shop. Thought I could feel the old Mar-Crest cereal bowls I'm looking for calling me, but it was something else instead. There sat an expansion unit for my seed housing system! One for veggies, one for flowers/herb, and one for...? Oh, the possibilities! Room for lots of pumpkin varieties. Yes, former diskette & CD housing.

There are many projects going on at our little desk. Not sure about DH's geocaching Jeep thing. But, then he walked in and plopped down the latest catalog. I'll leave the Jeeps to him.

I worked on my growing list earlier in January, but then the rest of the month distracted me. Time to get back to it!

5 comments:

Gardeness said...

That's a great idea! And oh so many seeds. I only recently started buying seeds so my fit in a little photo book for now. See you at SAGBUTT!

Molly said...

Using the diskette cases for seed packets? Brilliant!

gardenerprogress/Catherine said...

Great idea. I was trying to figure out what to do with all my seeds. I'm trying an accordion file with the months on the tabs and putting the seeds in that I plan to plant that month.

Matron said...

I really need something like that. At the moment I have four different metal cookie tins! They do not stack, they do not sit well on a shelf and they are full to busting open! I wish I was more organized.

Karen said...

Nice that they are so orderly (and that you repurposed the obsolete diskette box). Mine are always in a jumble, or at most an envelope. Lovely selection from Territorial you seem to have ordered!