Sunday, January 04, 2009

Colors of January

So here I sit, innocently bopping along on the internet looking at photos of Costa Rica jungles, forests, beaches and researching places to stay with balconies and hammocks. DH comes in and turns on the patio light...see above. Earlier in the day, we had taken a walk and I noticed all of the January colors (the sky, however, was gray). More snow was not on my radar. Persistent snow seems so unusual here, I feel like I'm on a winter holiday (like the wonderful one we had to Germany years ago). That is, until it is time for the morning commute.

Costa Rica is looking better and better!

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

It is snowing rather heavy right now where I am in Northern Oregon as I type this. This is really turning into quite a winter for us in the Northwest isn't it?

Thanks for paying a visit to my blog the other day. :)

NW Nature Nut said...

I found you through Greenwalks and had to laugh when I read your comment. I posted the same kind of photos just a bit ago too. Oh joy, more of the white stuff!

Aerie-el said...

This is really getting old, isn't it? We have 3 inches of snow and it is still coming down. As Karen at Greenwalks said...I. Am. So. Sick. Of. Snow.
Costa Rica would be paradise anytime, but during this crazy weather, it sounds even better! Have a wonderful, fantastic, warm, sunny, relaxing, exhilarating time!
~Aerie-el

Karen said...

Love your January colors, it looks like a layer cake or a painting or ?? just lovely as you show it. Then the canvas goes blank white again. I'm sure all the midwest/northeast folks are just laughing at us, but geez! We're just not used to this! Hope to meet you soon at our proposed garden bloggers' gathering!

The Intercontinental Gardener said...

Lovely photos, are the red stems dogwood or blueberries? Well, here is one snow-loving person from Scandinavia, opposed to snow in Seattle; it just seems to be a nuisance here, as it stops the whole city. Anyway - Have a Happy and Green New Year!

Petunia's Gardener said...

And...so you all probably have the buckets of rain now too, right? I remember I said I won't complain about rain, though!

The red stems are dogwood with some red rosehips mixed in. The lighter green behind the red is lichen in the trees. There where many places on the walk where the red and the light green were very distint the photos of those places just didn't pick up the colors.

THanks for visiting and keep dry! Paula