Sunday, December 21, 2008

On to the Inside Garden

This is the orchid DH sister gave us in Oct. 2005. Every year, about this time, it blooms (& for a long time). I've divided it once and now both pots need divided again. I always thought orchids where finicky but this one seems quite content! Maybe it is simply who it came from. See more of Sis' special gifts in earlier posts: the Moose, the Angel and the Potholders.

It sits in our magic kitchen window. That's my grandmother's pig shaped cutting board behind it. We have spent a lot of time at this window watching those hummingbirds during these frozen days.

...And just in case we never thaw, I'm growing my own coffee trees.

3 comments:

ChrisJ said...

Those orchids are beautiful! Your plants always look so healthy.

Matron said...

Perhaps the hummingbirds are attracted to the orchids! I am so envious of your coffee plant! I would just love to grow one!

Petunia's Gardener said...

My secret with plants is that I don't keep them around if they are too finicky! However, if they are not doing well somewhere else, I will give them a chance in the magic kitchen window. The coffee trees weren't doing well elsewhere, but they do like the kitchen (for now).