Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Ahhh... I'd like to bottle the aroma in the house today!

Pumpkin pie and turkey breast are both in the oven. An apple pie will follow (as DH won't eat pumpkin).

For a special pumpkin pie, go visit Matron, Down on the Allotment!
I look forward to trying this soon. Other than the fruit, jam and lattice top, this is about the same recipe I have in the oven now. Ok, I always put in more pumpkin which then gives me a little side custard along with the pie.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

P.S. From the garden today, for dinner:
Lettuce, Butterhead-Speckles, Lettuce, Romaine-Crisp Mint, Swiss chard, Beet-Kestrel - I've learned I like them raw & grated on a salad
...and a small slug. Ok - I threw him back outside ...and DH made me wash all the lettuce, again.

1 comment:

Connie said...

You are so blessed to still have all that yummy stuff from the garden...ummm, minus the slug. :-)
Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful.