Sunday, April 13, 2008

That's more like it...

The nice weather Saturday FINALLY coaxed open the blossoms on the cherry trees around the patio.
It is difficult to capture in a photo, but there is a magic feeling being underneath them. I like the pink against the blue sky and green pine tree. They look a little weathered from the snow and hail at the end of March (when they've already been blooming in earlier years). I suspect I should enjoy the show while I have it, as may not last too long this year.

3 comments:

Matron said...

Just wait a couple of days, there'll be more snow at this rate!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Funny you should say that, Matron. I looked out the window at work this afternoon and thought it was snowing again. Just hail, and also thunder and lightening. Now, maybe it is done!

AudreyLynne said...

I know exactly the magic feeling you're talking about..I had the same wonderful experience last fall..amongst the reds,yellows and golds...

beautiful photos .I really enjoyed them. I am growing sunflowers all over my neighborhood...and i am dying to see what they look like when they first sprout..luckily...i saw your page and now i am sure!!
thanks
♥AudreyLynne♥