Friday, March 14, 2008

A tool to weed by...


Last Monday, I got in a little weed pulling, using one of my favorite tools: a second hand rat tail file. The metal part of the file is 12 inches long. The wooden handle is just right to hold.

As the ground was slight damp, I could slip the file down along side of the dandelion root and pivot it around a little to loosen up the soil. Then a little tug pulled up the long root.

I could spend a month tackling the dandelions in the garden area and still not keep them away. Instead, I just try to keep them from taking over the garden beds. And, I still count them for Garden Blogger's Bloom Day! See this post.

1 comment:

Weed Whackin' Wenches said...

I was wondering if we could count dandelions in our GBBD posts! Hey the things blooming in your garden are the same things blooming in ours! Touring all these blogs from all over the world is fun, but it's wonderful to see another blog from WA.