Monday, March 31, 2008

Pyxie Cup Snow Cones

After this post, I'll be focusing on spring, no matter the weather. Above, is the pyxie cup garden on the fence. They looked more spring-like in this January post! You can see the full garden here in Oct. 2006.
I peeked under the cloche cover and the lettuce, chard & broccoli seedlings looked fine. I have to believe that even though the cloche doesn't keep them especially warm, it does keep them dry and protected from the frosty wind and weather.

On with Spring now, I hope.

7 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks for the info!!! I love those little pyxie cups, they are so cute. I can't wait to watch your garden wake up this year.

Libbys Blog said...

I think its just about started here, so it must be on its way for you soon too!!!

alec said...

this is absurd...more snow? dont worry, spring will be arriving soon. enjoy the chartreuse growth of seedlings, it will get rid of the despair.
-alec

A wildlife gardener said...

It has arrived here in cold northern Scotland (as opposed to the warmer south of England)...so it should be with you very soon now...and you'll really drink in all its joys after the long days of Winter :)

Becky said...

Oh my! The Pyxie Cups are precious! I'm glad you showed me.

I am making some split pea soup today and it is yummy. Come by and I'll pour you a bowl.

Happy Springtime to you!

Petunia's Gardener said...

Ahhh.... thanks, visitors! I feel warmer already! We had thunder, lightning and a significant hail shower last night. Turned everything white. If it would have been today, we'd have thought it as a really big joke! Unlike last year, it may be just as well I didn't have peas sprouting in the garden.

Weed Whackin' Wenches said...

We had the thunder too down here in the city. Pretty rare occurence here, isn't it? The hail didn't seem to hurt the peas though. And all is well under the very lobsided cloche. Picked the first rhubarb today. PS: Nope, the weeds have NOT been slowed down by the cold temps. I found them doing quite well under the cloche.