Saturday, March 22, 2008

Garden Companions

We did a little spring tidying in the garden today. We weren't the only ones enjoying the weather. Every time I moved around, a "herd" of these little spiders would scurry for cover. Pretty soon, they'd be back out in the sun again.

I hope they find some tasty aphids or something to eat. Hmmm.... but now I wonder if Petunia will be eating the spiders when she returns from her winter vacation. Are there so many of these little guys so that some can feed the other garden critters too? And some think gardens are just fluff and flowers!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Ugh, Spiders. I don't like them, but I leave them alone because I know they eat aphids and other bugs. I try to get them to hide from sight when I am around. Ugh. I feel all itchy now.

Carol, May Dreams Gardens

Weed Whackin' Wenches said...

Not sure which would make me scream louder--the spiders or your snake Petunia! Yes, we've visited some of the p-patches here in town. We actually have 2 within close proximity. We're pretty lucky that our yard is a nice size and also has a fairly flat area. The p-patch closest to us is terraced because it's on such a steep hill.